Microblading After Care
Make sure your hands are completely clean and gently apply the post-care ointment.The following must be avoided during all 7 days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area (in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment)
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream/ointment
Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or simply take a bath.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first 7 days post-microblading procedure. Experience has shown that these symptoms quickly disappear by following the after-care instructions.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Eye Candy by Liz immediately, to discuss further instructions.
Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
What to Expect During and After Your Microblading Session
The entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after the recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients may lose original hair strokes which make brows look uneven. This is absolutely normal. That is the reason why most customers need a touchup after 4 – 6 weeks.
Once the healing starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
Never rub the treated area as it will disturb the skin from naturally healing.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter.
You can now enjoy your beautiful new eyebrows. Here’s to loving your gorgeous fresh look!